DebateAble Frequently Asked Questions
Why debate? We can make a list as long as this sheet of paper with all of the skill and benefits that debate brings to kids. But we think that Maggie, a former DebateAble students, said it up best: “Debate helps you speak in front of a group of people, learn how to look at two sides of an argument, it shows how to really grab what other people are talking about, think on your feet, keep your emotions in check, and will (surprising) increase your self confidence. Debate has changed my life.”
Why become a DebateAble Member? A DebateAble Membership is your pathway to empower young people through debate. Whether you’re a parent, homeschool, troop leader, teacher, principal or district administrator, DebateAble’s all-inclusive curriculum makes it easy to teach debate to upper elementary kids and expand their critical thinking, public speaking, and collaborative teamwork skills..
What’s included in a DebateAble Membership? DebateAble Members receive access to all DebateAble instructional materials, learning tools and support, including:
- Debate Lessons, Step-by-step lessons for each meeting, easy to modify, follow and including scripts.
- Coach Manual: A detailed guide to set-up and manage your kids' debate program using the proven DebateAble format.
- Activity Workbook: Plenty of original games & activities to support each lesson to keep everyone engaged.
- One free Evidence Packet for your first Debate Match (Speech Templates included).
- Debate Match materials: Everything you need to hold your own debate match within your own club or against another.
- Bonus activities.
- Coach pro tips.
- Email support to help you get started.
- Discounted prices on all additional Evidence Packets.
- … and More!
Why did you change from selling Site Licenses to Memberships?
- New curriculum: Every year we update, improve and add to the content of our Curriculum. Through our exposure to hundreds of kids annually, we continue to create and test new games, activities, ad lessons, and to develop innovative methods for teaching debate skills to youngsters. We learn from each other, we learn from our young debaters, and we want to be able to share that ongoing growth with you. Our Membership model allows us to do that.
- Support: Our goal is to provide you with all the tools you’ll need as a debate instructor. The additional support we’re able to offer through a Membership will empower new instructors and continue to build the confidence of more experienced coaches.
How do I get a DebateAble Membership? Purchasing a DebateAble Membership is easy! Just visit the order page when you are logged into your account and follow the step-by-step instructions for the type of Membership that fits your needs. Once you have an account, you can pay via credit card, check, or purchase order.
How do I get a copy of your W-9? You can access our W9 directly here.
What if I need to pay by purchase order? Yes, we do take purchase orders. To submit, please send us an email with the following information:
- the type(s) of Membership(s) you wish to purchase
- your PO number
- the Purchasing Agent's name, email and phone number (the person at your school or organization who is responsible for payment)
- the statement, "I am committing us to purchase to the Membership price quoted in this email."
Upon receipt, we will send you an Invoice with payment instructions, either by check or credit card.
Watch DebateAble in action.
We see the empowerment that comes when upper elementary students participate in debate. From public speaking to civil discourse to teamwork, and more. Your students can do this too. See for yourself.
More questions? Contact us.